*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825439-Flying-and-Eating-with-a-Flower
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#825439 added August 15, 2014 at 8:27pm
Restrictions: None
Flying and Eating with a Flower
Aug 15, 2014


Blogging Circle of Friends

You are on a long flight when you reach into the pocket of the seat, you discover a handwritten note that clearly was addressed to you, but how? And what does it say?

Knowing my luck, it will be a short note that states the following.

Dear Penny,

Get your fat butt off of me! You're crushing me!

Thanks!

The Airplane Seat


Blog City

Hi, you were hired by Yelp, to write a restaurant review about an amazing restaurant in your city. Give us some examples of things you liked and disliked in your review. Convince us this is the place to go.

I'm not really inspired to write a review of a restaurant in my town. I'm not a huge fan of any of them. I used to like the Chinese restaurant before it changed hands. The Mexican restaurant by the hotel on the highway isn't too bad. At least when you ask them not to put something on a dish, it doesn't take an act of congress to get what you want. The only other places in town to eat are McDonalds, Taco Bell, KFC (these two are in the same building), Subway, Bumpers (it's like Sonic but not that good), the other Mexican restaurant on the highway (that place sucks, I don't know how they stay in business), Shell (they sale plate lunches, fried chicken, chicken tenders, potato logs, sausage biscuits, ham biscuits, and chicken biscuits), Mike's (they sale pizzas, fried chicken, pizza sticks, and hamburgers), and Sanco (they have short order stuff like burgers and fried chicken). I almost forgot; we also have a hot dog joint. It's new, and I haven't tried it because they don't have soy/tofu dogs. I made the mistake of asking them if they had any, and the owner asked me what tofu was.

WDC Soundtrackers Barrel O' Monkeys

I'm actually going to share a song that isn't sung by any of the singers that I've been writing about. However, Johnny and June are in the video clip. The song is You are My Flower by Sara and Maybelle Carter. Maybelle was June's mother, and Sara (she was married to A. P Carter who was Maybelle's brother in law) was June's aunt. The song I'll Be Satisfied plays after You are My Flower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3eWqcR5WCY


News In My World!

I've been busy working today. I have three bookings for Country Gourmet Home online/facebook parties, several sales, and chatting with two possible recruits to become consultants under my team. Other than that, I swept and mopped the floors and did a load of laundry. Oh yeah, I also did a 30 minute 2 mile walking workout.


Musical Endings!

To stick with the Carter family theme, I've chosen to end this entry with an early clip of Maybelle Carter singing Gold Watch and Chain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8szdi1D7OE

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy

© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/825439-Flying-and-Eating-with-a-Flower