*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828414-Instruments-of-a-First-Lady-While-Losing-You
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1777018
All about me and my world!
#828414 added September 17, 2014 at 11:29pm
Restrictions: None
Instruments of a First Lady While Losing You
Sept 17, 2014


Blogging Circle of Friends

What is your favorite musical instrument? Why is it your favorite? Write a story, poem, or anything you want about it. Have fun. Be creative.

There are several musical instruments that I enjoy listening to. The piano, guitar, autoharp, violin, banjo (depending on whose playing it), dulcumer (I forgot how to spell that), harp (when I hear it in Celtic music), and the cello.

June Carter Cash was a genius when it came to playing musical instruments. She could play the guitar, autoharp, violin, banjo, harmonica, drums, cello, harp, clairnet and flute. It was also said that she could play the piano, oboe, saxaphone, and a couple of other instruments, but she never felt comfortable with saying that she could because she felt that she wasn't proficient enough in them. She learned to play some of those when she went to Julliard. Here's a bit of trivia, she was in the same acting class at Julliard with Robert Duvall. They even dated for awhile. This was between her first and second marriages (way before Johnny Cash). Duvall also spoke at her funeral since they remained good friends.


Blog City

Who was your favorite first lady?

I don't think that I've really had a favorite first lady. Jackie Kennedy was very classy, but she was first lady before I was even a twinkle in my mamma's eye. Betty Ford was interesting. I watched a movie about her when I was a child. I wish I could find it and watch it again. Other than those two, I haven't really been interested in any of the others.

News In My World!

I've officially lost 40 pounds, but it's been several days since I've lost any weight. I may be going through a plateau or just a slow down in weight loss for awhile. Some of my businesses have changed. One of the direct sales companies that I've been a consultant for may be closing because one of the owners died yesterday. However, I will still be a consultant for Fuller Brush,Norwex, and Le-Vel ( I may end up concentrating on Fuller Brush and Norwex). I'm also in the process of starting a coupon clipping business through Facebook.

Musical Ending

This is Losing You by June Carter Cash. Losing You was actually banned when it came out in the 60s by country music radio stations, and she was forbidden to sing it at the Opry. However, she recorded it again in the late 90s and won a grammy for the album it was on called Press On. If you listen to the song, you will probably understand why it was banned at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgLUcSaSrSc

Bye for now!

Sister of Mercy



© Copyright 2014 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828414-Instruments-of-a-First-Lady-While-Losing-You