*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828728-THE-DELAY-DEBATE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#828728 added September 22, 2014 at 6:46am
Restrictions: None
THE DELAY DEBATE?
Blog City Prompt: "You may delay, but time will not" or "Delay is preferable to error." Now write or write later.

Or as they say, "Time waits for no man." Writing is usually a solitary action, art, profession, hobby, obsession. The rush of time includes distractions, responsibilities, all the things in life that suck the writing time away from you.

If you delay when the time is available, the fleeting benefit of not facing the blank page, the uncompleted poem or story is probably the source of more inner turmoil. I'm not talking about forced delays we all have those. It's those moments when you say, "Why do today, when I can put it off until tomorrow?"

Now the idea that delay is preferable to error. Not with writing. The whole point is to get the ideas down, however rough. First drafts are ugly, but filled with rich ideas, or vague visions of something that later will become beautiful.

Lots of people say that time is speeding up. I believe that. The time between Sunday and Friday is about two days long. Have you noticed? I say, "Write it now, you may never get the time again!"

Write on...>>>iggy *Boat*

Blog City image small ** Image ID #1289006 Unavailable ** I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/828728-THE-DELAY-DEBATE