*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830184-WHATS-THE-WORST-THING-YOU-CAN-DO
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#830184 added October 6, 2014 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
WHAT'S THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO?
BLOG CITY Prompt: What is your process for problem solving? You choose the context as best fits your life.


"In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
attributed to Theodore Roosevelt


I tend to agree with President Roosevelt. Most problems are like a broken machine. It's just going to sit there until someone actually fixes it. The solution to a problem is a decision. Painful it might be, but you have to make that decision to do something about the problem.

So, is the decision logical? Did you consider all the options, or is the decision a compromise that is only half going to fix it?

Group problem solving is a minefield of probabilities. Personal agendas, peer pressure, financial influence, or simply inexperience can force devastating control over decisions. We read often about politicians 'kicking the can down the road'. Something to be avoided if at all possible. I have great sympathy for parents who are faced with: vaccinate or not; public, private or home-school; move the family or not? It's all tremendously difficult.

I guess I make my own decisions just like I do when writing a novel. There is a problem...I try to solve it to make the story make sense and happen the way I have planned it. Usually my life works out the same way. As I have said before, adaptation is a necessary skill and that goes along with compromise. And as Teddy says, doing nothing is not a solution.

Peace, >>>iggy*Boat*
Blog City image small ** Image ID #1289006 Unavailable ** I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

The WYRM GAUNTLET has been thrown down!


© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830184-WHATS-THE-WORST-THING-YOU-CAN-DO