*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830546-HOME-IS-A-VERY-PARTICULAR-WORD
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#830546 added October 9, 2014 at 10:28am
Restrictions: None
HOME IS A VERY PARTICULAR WORD
Blog City Prompt: They say you can't go home again. {After leaving a home you grew up in for years.} Do you agree with this statement?


HOME is a very particular word with a number of meanings.


If you are in a spaceship out past Pluto, and the stranger asks, "Where are you from?" You'd say, "I'm from the planet Earth."

If you're traveling through the Middle East (on Earth) and they ask, "Where do you come from?" Usually you'd say, "I'm an American, because they don't know anything about the individual states except New York and California.

If you're in the states, you'd say, "I'm originally from Wyoming, but I live in Belize now." Then they ask, "Where's that?" And so it goes.

Home is where you live, so it could be a house. As the years go by, houses become very temporary. Or it could be where your parents live and might be where you grew up. In my case, those houses are long gone as well as the parents. Then the question might be, "Where was your home?" In that context, I can't go home again.

Then it boils down to where you sleep at night? Ask a homeless person where their home is. Then home becomes a childhood memory. I hope (there's that word again) that your childhood memories are warm and loving. Mine were.

The mention of 'home' brings for each of us a different stack of vivid memories. Relish the variety.

Peace...>>>iggy*Boat*
** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/830546-HOME-IS-A-VERY-PARTICULAR-WORD