*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831100
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#831100 added October 14, 2014 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Ada Lovelace
Prompt: Today is Ada Lovelace Day. Lyn asked what we know about her. Why is being honored?

Ada Lovelace was raised by her mother and Lord Bryon was her father. She was a famous Mathematician. She almost eloped with her tutor. She is given credit for the start of computers because of lettering systems, math and keeping well organized documents. I guess they were like computer word sheets. She was also credit for calculating machines. If I had known about her in school, I wouldn't have liked her. I hate Math. Math was a struggle for me. She studied in Italy if I read that right. Was she responsible for Italian Math? You made a pyramid puzzle and put a multiplication problem in a box and the answer. If you made the box wrong, the problem was wrong and the numbers didn't fit. It was stupid! What was wrong with regular multiplication problems and forget the idiot box drawing! Now, that I am older, I appreciate women who became famous years ago. It was a struggle for them. Ada was married but she liked other men and had affairs with them. She was always sick as a child with headaches but she was well educated and didn't let her illness stop her from learning. She was a Math Wiz. She died at the age of 36. Today, we remember her.

** Image ID #1858658 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/831100