*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832720
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#832720 added October 30, 2014 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
Design Something, Irrelevant High School Courses
Welcome To My Reality Prompt: If you were to design something, what would it be and why?

Two things. A self cleaning house. A machine shaped like a dishwasher sits in the hallway and you push a button on it once a week and it cleans your house. The house stays clean. You wouldn't have to dust, clean the bathrooms, kitchen or vacuum. You would have to change your cat litter box still and do laundry and run the dishwasher. If the cleaning device cleaned the rest of your house, the rest would be small potatoes and make your life easier. I hate cleaning house. The cleaning device could keep dust from getting on things and keep the kitchen an d bathrooms from getting duty. It could keep the carpets and floors from getting dirty. If you forgot to push then button, the house would be dirty. You just push the button and the house would be clean again. If the cleaning device malfunctioned, a repair man would come out and fix it for free. A win, win situation. I have to find someone to invent this beautiful time saving cleaning machine.

The other thing. You take one pill and it takes care of every disease there is including mental illness. No more stomach aches, sinus issues, headaches or any ailments as long as you take your pill once a day. No side effects, either. We would never know pain or discomfort again! If we never got sick and had a clean house all the time, life would be great!

260 Words

Welcome To My Reality Prompt: What is one high school subject that you think is irrelevant in today's world?

Calculus, Chemistry and any math beyond Algebra. If a student wants to do a job in life that requires these, take them in college! I work at a Nursing job and plain math works for me. Pharmacists and Doctors need to know Chemistry but not in high school. I don't know why schools offer all those extra Math classes. I was forced to take Geometry and I bombed it. Okay. I passed. Just barely. I hate Math of any kind because of Geometry. I had to drop out of Chemistry in college. The Nun hated me and I didn't get it. I can't see making high school kids taking any Math beyond Algebra. X equals y and Z, why do we need to know this? Once you get lost on a formula or therorem in Geometry, you will flunk or just barely pass. To me, any Math class is torture. I can see having extra Math courses in college but not high school. Do you need Algebra or Geometry to figure your check book or write out a check? No.

Other classes, you don't need formulas or theorems and you can learn and not get lost. All those Math course, they are just too hard to understand.. Make Geometry, Calculus, Chemistry, Trigonemetry, college Math courses. That is where they belong.

241 Words

** Image ID #2014807 Unavailable **





© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832720