*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832947-Ahh-Know-it-alls
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #930577
Blog started in Jan 2005: 1st entries for Write in Every Genre. Then the REAL ME begins
#832947 added November 1, 2014 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Ahh, Know-it-alls
I ignore how my bony butt hurts, sitting on the maple dining set chair without a cushion. I have meandered around the internet [again] on a Saturday morning. It is productive in its own way, at least entertaining, I don't deny that. However, after being awake for an hour and a half, I can see that my excuses for not consistently getting back to my writing practice are based in such time-wasting escapades on the computer.

I can be proud that the sidebar reminder on my author's page reminds me of the 2-week mark for making an entry to my blog. And here i am, being true to that.

So, a Practice, usually spoken as being in the arena of the doctor or lawyer, really should also be the established phrase for what a writer does, don't you think? "Yes, yes, mom, lovely talking to you too. I really need to get back to my Practice." Would this tame or inflame my "know-it-all" air? What good is a Know-it-all if you do not document and share?

In an effort to blend my time-wasting with my writing practice, i feel i must share my giggly enjoyment of having read about a stellar celebrity interview moment. [wow, I won't re-write that sentence, but overdone]...

Actors are wonderful Know-it-alls from my fan perspective. not only do they have to have a confident handle on themselves, as far as who they are, they have a repertoire of characters. To perform that character, one must know intimate details of what makes up that character. generally those can be uncomfortable details, often details you can't openly talk about, so that the reactions of the character are more true to life.

As I understand it, some flip interviewer for Vogue UK thought they had a statement to make one actor squirm. Something to the effect of: Being a virgin and a sociopath, wouldn't the character of Sherlock from the brilliant show of the same name, be terrible in bed upon his first time?

Well, of course, when asked directly, Benedict Cumberbatch had to blow the lid off that mystery. apparently he surprised the interviewer with quite the detailed response.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/10/benedict-cumberbatch-sherlock-sex

© Copyright 2014 Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 (UN: walkinbird at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Walkinbird 3 Jan 1892 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/832947-Ahh-Know-it-alls