*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833000-Chapter-two-draft
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2016926
Introduction
#833000 added November 2, 2014 at 2:11am
Restrictions: None
Chapter two draft
Chapter Two





         Sarah spent most of her time researching for programs that to find help her for her unborn child.  Screen after screen was filled with lists of churches. “Surely,” Sarah thought, “will help me. They believe that God loves everyone.” However every time she dialed a number, she was either redirected to call another number or told that they only help those who are members of their church. Time after time, she was disappointed. Angry that she could not receive any kind of benefits that gave her hope. Sarah cried into the receiver, “Is this how your God treats his creations? I want no part of him!” Before the office secretary could utter another word, Sarah slams the ear piece of the pay phone. She slides her back down the library wall, hides her face in her hands, and sobs.


         “Are you ok?” asks a handsome man. He was well dressed, and about the age of her father. His look of concern caught her by surprise. She wipes the dampness from her eyes. “I have just had a bad day.” She uttered thankful that someone even noticed her, but she was weary to trust him.


         “When is the baby due?”


         “I am not sure.” Sarah replies as she realizes that she had never seen a doctor. She looks at her swollen belly and rubs the baby lump.


         He reaches out his hand to her. When she reached out to shake hands, Mark gently pulled her up to her feet. “My wife and I live three blocks away. She is a wonderful cook, and a great mother.” She paused. “Give me a moment to check out these movies for my kids, and I will take you to the house for a good meal, baby advice from someone who knows what it’s like to be in your condition, and possibly a night or two a week that we may need a sitter for date night.”


         Sarah agrees and follows Mark to the check-out counter.


         They arrived at the nice two story house around 3:30 in the afternoon. Mark walks into the house with her just a few steps behind him. A lovely blond woman, who looked to be around 20 or so, greeted him with a soft kiss. “Who’s our company?” She asks holding her hand out in welcome to Sarah.          


         “Sarah, we met at the library.” He explains. “She is going to be a first time mother, and I thought she could use some advice from one of the best.”


         “Nice to meet you Sarah. My name is Carol.” Carol guided the young mother to be to a large dining room. There on the table was three small plates with cookies and three glasses filled with milk. “Have a seat. The children will be home in about fifteen minutes.” Carol states as she places a plate of cookies and glass of milk there for Sarah.


         “How many children do you have?”


         “We have two children, but every day on of the twins brings home a friend. Sue brings Kammi, or Tommy brings Bill from next door.”


         “How do you know to only put out three snacks and not four or two?” Sarah asks confused.


         “It is funny, they never each bring someone home after school."


         After meeting the children, Sarah became their babysitter, but the job did not last for long.


         One week and two days later, Mark helped Sarah carry the twins to their beds. He had done this many times. This time would be different. He slowly lays his son on the race car bed, and stands there until Sarah leaves his daughter Sue in her pretty pink princess bed. He turns and blocks her exit from the room. Sarah looks up into Mark’s eyes. Even in the dimness of the night light, she could see a forcefulness that she remembered in the eyes of her brother.


         “No, “she whispers as she tries to push past him.


         He grabs her arm tighter. “You don’t want to wake the children.”


         Sarah fights back the familiar tears as Mark pushes her against the pink dresser with baby blue drawers. Holding to the top of the piece of furniture so that the sound of his thrust would not bang the wall. She wished she had not trusted this man. When the dead was done, Mark fastens his belt, kisses his children, and leaves Sarah to pull up her blue jeans. He looks back and whispers, “See you same time tomorrow night, baby.”


         By the next night, Sarah had moved back to the streets. Belly even bigger. If she was going to have sex with those she didn’t want to, she was going to get paid. She and the baby would not starve on the streets.





         Sarah finally decides to sale her body for money to feed her growing body. She hated sleeping on the hard cold floors at the local shelter. How could she ever bring a baby into this life style? She welcomed the nights that her clients bought a room to be with her.








 
IMAGE
reviewer of month of march  (E)
came at the best time
#1926888 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 dipolma  ()
I enjoyed this class
#1850294 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






 
IMAGE
Reviewing ribbon  (E)
I am so happy to have been granted this reward..
#1931330 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help






My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children
© Copyright 2014 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833000-Chapter-two-draft