*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833550
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#833550 added November 8, 2014 at 11:58am
Restrictions: None
Point Of View
Prompt: What is point of view? How do you find the perfect voice in your story? Do you agree with the author? Do you prefer a particular tense when writing?

I like to take on the main character when I write and I focus on the main character but *I don't forget the other characters. I write so that the story has good details and keep it easy to follow. I didn't agree with the author of this Blog. I read other authors' advice but I wish Danielle Steel wrote a book about how to write because I relate to her writing. I hate reading a book where the main character's point of view is over looked. Point of view is important to me. I like to relate to the characters and I write about them in the same way in my stories. Finding the perfect voice? I put myself in my character's place and just go with it. I guess you could say I prefer a particular tense when I am writing. Like Ernest Hemingway and Danielle Steel. Do they write a like? No way! Hemingway puts me to sleep but I know others like him. I respect that. With me, I like what I find interesting, have my own voice and I am big on P.O.V. I go with this in the genres I am writing. I don't think I will ever be the writer I want to be. So I will keep writing and reading other's work.

** Image ID #2014782 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/833550