*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834816-AUTHENTIC-WRITING
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#834816 added November 25, 2014 at 11:34am
Restrictions: None
AUTHENTIC WRITING?
Blog City Prompt: What does authenticity mean to you? How can a person be authentic as a writer or in any other role?


Authenticity must have the essence if truth, of reality as we know it. If the content goes into speculative fiction, then the voice of the writer must still have the qualities of a believable character, situation or event.

Authenticity could be related to a cultural idea about locations, speech, clothing, traditions. These concepts often require much research and study. In some instances, world creation requires detailing all the elements described to seem real and authentic to the world created.

We've all seen movies that don't quite ring true. A character can use words that are not part of the period. Or a sign or light pole appears that does not exist in that time. Little details that can challenge the authenticity of a project. It's the same when writing a scene. It gets more complicated when dealing with vehicles, weapons, odd traditional behaviors, animals, climate. So many details can throw a story out of balance with belief and justification.

Anything, no mater how fantastic, can be described and explained...and then if the characters and story follow and stay within the rules of that creation...the authenticity of the writing is correct.

This is the wonderful act of creation as a writer. There is no limit to your imagination. Go for it!

Write on...>>>iggy *Boat*

Left over from yesterday. Never got it posted.


Prompt: What do you think is the best way to have a necessary but extremely uncomfortable conversation with someone? How could a character in a story handle this?

This is like a prompt for a short story, or even a major chapter in a novel. It might be a planned intervention between family members and a parent who is abusing alcohol or prescription drugs. Nothing criminal, just severe addiction. Or a thousand different situations that become uncomfortable to solve.

Every situation is unique and different. Each person involved has a personal history of all other relationships. The interweaving of these emotional ties adds complications and texture. The dialogue of denial and high emotion make a story dramatic and infinitenly readable.

Again write with a sense of truth.

>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834816-AUTHENTIC-WRITING