*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834854
Rated: ASR · Book · Contest Entry · #1973909
Stories and other items for Valentines Day, Victorian Romance and Jane Austen Writing.
#834854 added November 25, 2014 at 8:31pm
Restrictions: None
To Write Like Jane Austen
I would love to write like Jane Austen and I found some ways to write like her. So here goes.

You can write about a scene, setting and a character's feelings. Be like Jane. Dialogue. She told her story in a lot of dialogue and this worked. You know the character's feeling, setting and the dialogue says it all. I sure learned a lot in "Emma" and "Pride and Prejudice." The dialogue along with the descriptions told us about Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth, Emma and her match making methods.

Listen to your inner guide. You have the story in mind so just go with it and write. The story is there. Just express it on paper or the computer screen. Let your voice take over and your characters will come to life.

Discover your gifts and do what you love. You love to write. So did Jane. Write the story the way you want it and love what you have accomplished in the end. Jane's novels had a happy ending and the characters went through a lot to get their happy ending. Love your characters and give them a good story as you write from the heart.

Never give up. Stay with your writing. Don't give up on it. Change the direction of the story, add a character, a different setting or change the outcome but never abandon it. Take a break A\and come back and write it later.

Marry someone you love. Jane's main characters married someone they loved. Elizabeth and Darcy, Emma and Mr. Knightley, Fanny and Edward. You get the idea. Write the romance.

This is some of the ways to write like Jane Austen. I hope you agree.

** Image ID #2014342 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/834854