*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835707-THE-PURITY-OF-HEROES
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#835707 added December 8, 2014 at 8:29pm
Restrictions: None
THE PURITY OF HEROES
Blog City Prompt: In movies and fiction, cartoonish heroes and characters such as Rambo, Batman, Indiana Jones, Wonder Woman and The Warrior Princess Zena charm the audiences. Why do you think is this popularity of cartoonish heroes, and why are they so loved in popular culture?


Well, think about it.
Our real world hero's are WHO? A few sports figures have avoided corruption, but with the huge salaries they are paid, the temtations are all around them. And the political leaders? Honest and transparent are an unknown for almost all. International figures as heroes are even more rare.

The cartoonish heroes are presented as physically ideal, and expressing character traits of honesty, compassion, using their powers for the protection and rescue of the threatened ordinary persons. They fight crime and corruption the way we wish real heroes could oppose the wrongs of the world.

As our heroes, the cartoon figures represent the ideal that does not exist in our very uncomfortable societies. The mass media has tried again and again to create and promote living heroic figures that never live up to the hype and promises. I'm not naming names.You know that feeling of disappointment when a once-admired person moves onto the very long list of faded heroes.

On the other hand...If a person begins to present true heroic qualities, they are identified as a threat to the status quo. The negative press and gossip will begin to overwhelm the minds of the public. Those potential heroes are soon diminished and another more glossy, fake one takes their place. We've all seen it happen. I think it takes an enormous amount of belief, faith, and aggressive support to sustain a hero in 2014-15.

Listen to the silence...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.



© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/835707-THE-PURITY-OF-HEROES