*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836823-Happiness
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1908951
Random thoughts, inconsistent posting
#836823 added December 21, 2014 at 4:28pm
Restrictions: None
Happiness
Gandhi said, "Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." Agree or disagree? Is there more to happiness than that?
I do not agree with this statement as it is written.  I think the statement is possible. What if you were angry? what you said what you thought and what you did was in harmony? Is that happiness? 
I truely believe happiness can only be experienced if there is something external that resonates with an experience of the same magnitude inside. What I mean is; if you see a chocolate bar and smell it and you already know what it tastes like, the combination of the sight, memory and taste will combine to give you "happiness."  If you have never experienced lets say for instance, a roller coaster, you might not feel the same way as others do. 
I don't like the feeling of having my stomach drop or climb into my throat. I might not mind it once, but repeatedly? Not me. However, there are many who will travel great distances to experience the biggest, highest and fastest roller coasters made. When they see it, they can imagine the feeling and they will be euphoric even before getting into the car.

I also believe that the only real or true happiness is something asked for and given by a higher power. One who has that ability.  This last week I lost a very good friend (see my post 12/17) When I saw him I was happy to see him. When I heard his voice I knew it was someone who understood me and my feelings. I appreciated his strength and abilities. I will miss him.  I have a mixed feelings. I'm sad at him not being there to give me a hard time.  I know he has stepped into heaven and is walking or jumping on streets of gold. Saying hello to the many friends who have gone on before. Would I wish him back if I could? Not in a heartbeat. Have you ever known someone to win the vacation of a lifetime? Would you ever wish time could be called back and they didn't win it? Only if you are selfish and hard hearted.
All people are born with a missing part in their life. Some will spend money, to buy what they think will bring happiness. Drugs, alcohol, friends, making more money, but what they really need is God. Its that simple. Whether you believe in Him or not, the fact doesn't change; we need God in our lives to be truly happy. Why not try it? If you're honest and ask to find him, he will be there to guide you.

At this season where God gave his only son to the world as a gift with a purpose, you might take the time to find out what he is all about and how you can receive the greatest gift he has, Happiness beyond what you can contain.


© Copyright 2014 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/836823-Happiness