*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837499-The-Seventh-Day-of-Christmas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1540953
The Continuing Saga of Prosperous Snow
#837499 added December 31, 2014 at 10:08pm
Restrictions: None
The Seventh Day of Christmas
The Seventh Day of Christmas. When rolling two dice, there number seven is the statistically most likely result (1-in-6 chance). There are seven Millennium Prize Problems (mathematical conundrums that each carry a $1 million prize for whoever can solve them; six currently remain unsolved). Each airplane in Boeing's line of passenger jets is named with a three-digit number that begins and ends with a seven (737, 747, 777, etc.). There are seven deadly sins (gluttony, greed, sloth, pride, envy, wrath, lust) and Catholicism has seven heavenly virtues as counterpoints (temperance, charity, diligence, humility, kindness, patience, chastity). The Earth has seven continents, and there are Seven Wonders of the ancient world. The number seven was worn by and subsequently retired in honor of sports legends Mickey Mantle (MLB, Yankees), John Elway (NFL, Broncos), and Phil Esposito (NHL, Bruins). There are seven days in a week, seven days of the feast of Passover, seven days of Creation in the Book of Genesis in the Bible, seven levels of heaven and hell in the Islamic faith, and seven gods of good fortune in Japanese mythology. The "Magical Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two" is a popular psychological paper, often cited for it's postulation that the number of things a human can hold in working memory is seven plus or minus two (also called Miller's Law). Isaac Newton identified the seven colors of the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet), and the Series 7 Exam is the test taken by U.S. stockbrokers in order to get a license to trade. To respect the power of the number seven, visit "The Shameless "Plug" Page, "Activities @ Writing.Com, and/or "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com and promote the items, activities, or contests of seven WdC members. Bonus points if those things are from Blog Harbor members!

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "The Shameless "Plug" Page, read and reviewed "Invalid Item by Chaotic . This is a chilling story written from the point of view of the stalker watching his victim. The plot flows smoothly from beginning to end, while the voice of the speaker keeps the reader's attention. I encourage anyone enjoying horror/scary stories to read this item. Invalid Review

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "The Shameless "Plug" Page, read and reviewed "Dear Diary by Wayne Foster . This is a story about a diary entry by a teenage girl. This story is short, but the character is intriguing and sympathetic. This story could be the beginning of a longer story or novel. I courage anyone who enjoys reading teen or young adult stories to check it out. Review of "Dear Diary"

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com and checked out "Invalid Item by ANN Counselor, Lesbian & Happy . This contest accepts poems of 60 lines or less about an historical event or person, with an entry fee is 250 GPs. This is a contest that anyone writing poetry should consider entering when the next round begins.

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com and checked out "Invalid Item by Max Griffin 🏳️‍🌈 . To enter this contest the author must write the story in the third person limited point of view, which focuses the point of view of just one character without using the first person point of view. I encourage anyone writing stories to attempt this point of view and enter this contest when the next round starts.

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "The Shameless "Plug" Page, read and reviewed "First Date by cat on the wall . This is a story about what happens to a woman who agrees to go to a man's apartment on the first date. I encourage anyone who likes to read horror/scary stories to read this. Review of "First Date"

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "The Shameless "Plug" Page, read and reviewed "The Girl with Silver Bracelets by Sharon . This is an intriguing and thought provoking story-poem, which states a good lesson along with the climax. I encourage those who like to read stories and poems to read this item. Review of "The Girl with Silver Bracelets"

On the Seventh Day of Christmas, I went to "Writing Contests @ Writing.Com and checked out "Invalid Item. This contest focuses on traditional poetry. I encourage anyone who likes to read or write traditional poetry to enter this contest. The next round begins on January 2, 2015.


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837499-The-Seventh-Day-of-Christmas