*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837553-Thankful-Thursday-112015
Rated: E · Book · Spiritual · #2024042
For every Thursday in 2015, I will be writing what I am thankful for.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#837553 added January 1, 2015 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
Thankful Thursday 1/1/2015
Happy New Year! Today starts a new book of my life and I'm glad about that. Although today starts a new book of my life, I have things to be thankful for on this first day of 2015. A few days ago I sent out my yearly newsletter for 2014. The newsletter turned out to be longer than I expected, but I was glad to hear from a few of the 50 people I sent the newsletter to (I expect to hear from more after the holidays). I had one friend in college that was in a near fatal car accident. Well, she had the accident before I started college and before I knew her. My aunt works with her father at an elementary school and my aunt introduced us in 2010 (two years after the accident). Although we didn't always get along and her mother hated me, we still kept in touch somewhat. It was odd that I hadn't heard from her since July 2014.

She replied to my newsletter and said she's been having seizures since June 2014. I am guessing those seizures are coming as a result of her accident, even though the accident was in 2008. She was saying she was having issues with the anti-seizure medication. When I was still diagnosed as bipolar, I took Lamictal - an anti-seizure medication used to treat mania of bipolar disorder. That stuff made me miserable. I sympathized with her. For me, getting off of psych meds were a saving grace. I am much healthier now and my thyroid is finally back under control. I am thankful for my health and I can't wait on improving my health even more in 2015!
© Copyright 2015 Future Mrs. B (UN: dunkelhetstern at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Future Mrs. B has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837553-Thankful-Thursday-112015