*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837708-Get-Out-and-Dont-Come-Back
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2024323
A collection of writings written for various contests in 2015.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#837708 added January 3, 2015 at 7:13am
Restrictions: None
Get Out and Don't Come Back
He handed me the packet looking me dead in the eye. In a voice horse with disuse and caution he whispered, "get out and don't come back."
I took the packet and nodded.

"You must make it to the Embassy. Get out.... and don't come back." With a final look, he nodded, then turned and headed back the way he had come his body making his progress slow. It was almost painful to watch.

I fought the urge to call him back. To tell him to come with me, but I knew it would be pointless. I needed to move and swiftness was my friend, he would only slow me down and that would jeopardize the mission.

I slipped the packet into the inside of my jacket and headed into the shadows. Keeping to the edges of the darkness that kept me hidden from view.
Several times I stopped to let the sound of sirens build and my tensions with it, but as they passed and their screeching fell away, I resumed my pace and my heart settled back into its already heightened rhythm.

I had almost made it to the Embassy when I heard footsteps in a rapid staccato behind me. With a final jolt of adrenaline, I leaped into a run. Fearing that looking back would be my undoing. I screamed for the guards to let me through. I waved my passport.

Shots fired and I felt the searing heat of a bullet pierce my upper arm. I kept running. The guards took aim and fired back at my assailant.
Another bullet torn into my leg and I stumbled. The closest guard grabbed me and pulled me into the compound.

"I need to get out and never come back," I whispered as darkness began to close over me.

Words = 300.


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Winter trail scene



Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

** Image ID #1855238 Unavailable ** Winter trail scene
© Copyright 2015 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/837708-Get-Out-and-Dont-Come-Back