*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838360-SHORT-BLOG-FOR-A-GOOD-PROMPT
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#838360 added January 10, 2015 at 8:06pm
Restrictions: None
SHORT BLOG FOR A GOOD PROMPT
"There are no rules for what constitutes a great opening, there are no rules regarding what type of opening works best.
Give me an example great openings that appeal to you from one of your favorite authors. What qualities do you notice as you think about your favorite openings?


HERE'S ONE I'M READING NOW:
It began with a ship, the Icarus. It was aptly named it appeared, because it too came to represent humanity’s attempt to reach beyond its grasp.
The Falcon Banner :Prequel  Queen of the Ice by Christopher Lydon

AND THIS FOR THE BEGINNING OF CHAPTER ONE:
They said at the end there was one last knight standing watching the towers crumble,tears in his eyes.
-Archduke Francesco 'The fall of the Empire, THE FALCON BANNER  by Christopher Lydon

FOR SCI-FI ACTION ADVENTURE IT CONTAINS THE SUGGESTION OF AN EPIC SCOPE. I'M DRAWN TO IT IMMEDIATELY


In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit.


HOW SIMPLE. YET IT OPENS ON THE THE GREATEST EPIC STORIES OF ALL TIME.


Sorry, my Nexus touch screen is blocked and I cannot access my Kindle books. I have no paper books on the sailboat. (They mildew fast) I'm very conscious of story first lines and worry over mine. Every chapter. An ineffective opening doesn't mean it is a bad story and sometimes the book is great. You have to keep reading.

Later...>>>iggy*Boat*

center} ** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/838360-SHORT-BLOG-FOR-A-GOOD-PROMPT