*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839118-DARKSOME-BLOG
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#839118 added January 20, 2015 at 8:43pm
Restrictions: None
DARKSOME BLOG
Blog City Prompt: What do you think darkness is and why is it important to understand your own dark side?


Darkness can be a style, a theme, a physical appearance. It is the physical absence of light, or with pigments it is the mixing of all colors. Besides that basic definition, darkness has come to mean a lack of enlightenment. Like the Dark Ages from the 5th to the 10th centuries. People were filled with superstition and fear of anything out of the ordinary.

The common folk's fear was manipulated by a clever, select few---Wizards and witches, magicians and sorcerers. conjurers built a illusionairy world of evil and mysterious secrets.

The opposite is Enlightenment, which is called a philosophy of reason and individualism free from superstition.

Within our real world we have the 'Illuminati'. Have they buried their identity and agenda behind a layer of dark secrets staying remote and protected? Certainly a twisted version of enlightenment.

To write a story, often there is an antagonist, a villain, a bad guy, or a corrupt leader. They take their qualities from the dark side. And again something we are familiar with from our real world. The darkness is experienced in percentages according to the needs of the writer's vision.

It is my intention that in my stories, somehow the darkness is overcome and the light shines through. Really good character transitions happen when a dark acting man or woman finds awareness in the truth and does something unexpected and good.

The prompt asks about understanding my own dark side. I don't think I have a dark side, but I do have a vivid imagination to create stories that might involve a very dark-inspired character.

Write on...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.



© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839118-DARKSOME-BLOG