*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839569-WATER-WATER-EVERYWHERE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#839569 added January 26, 2015 at 11:06am
Restrictions: None
WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE
Blog City Prompt: What do you think of water?
What are the impressions it brings to your mind?


California culture includes much water as an expression of wealth and lifestyle (maybe hidden behind a mortgage?) It seems that every rich person's home includes a swimming pool. The swim in it, they sun bathe beside it, it is the place of entertainment, drinking, and eating.

In the past I house-sat for several years with a pool. I can tell you that pool maintenance is not a joke---constant cleaning, skimming, chemicals, filtering and worrying about the robot that is scrubbing the bottom. Then the racoons insisted on using the pool to clean their food.

Living in the Wyoming wilderness on top of a mountain depended on the winter snows for the water supply. A large cistern had to be filled with clean, fresh snow. There always was a ready supply, often four to six feet deep. Shoveled into the cistern it melted slowly and provided water until the next winter. Filtered and boiled for consumption, and a solar heater provided hot water for the bath and laundry. The abundance of water came with heavy physical effort.

The first time in Belize, we lived in a rural estate that had a well. Only half mile from the ocean, the well water was sweet, but with a high concentration of sediment. Again filtered and boiled to drink.

The second time in Belize (now) I live on a sailboat surrounded by the saltwater of the Caribbean. In the marina we get city water that is chlorinated and carrying some sediment. So once again it is filtered but becomes the best drinking water I've had for a long time. Go figure.

The tides rising and falling every day are always present. Our marina is connected to an inland lagoon so it flushes all the water in and out every day with a strong current flowing flowing at the marina entrance. Sometimes ;the manatees come in to visit, plus some really big fish.

And right now my nose ;is peeling from sunburn. The sun reflects off the ocean waves when sailing, making the ocean into a giant sun reflector. (coconut oil reduced the damage)

I'm trying four glasses of plain water on an empty stomach when waking before coffee and food. It's beneficial if you wait an hour before that first cup of java!

Water is a constant in my life...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839569-WATER-WATER-EVERYWHERE