*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839956-ELEANORS-WEDDING
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#839956 added January 31, 2015 at 10:07am
Restrictions: None
ELEANOR'S WEDDING
Blog City Prompt: Do you remember the thrill of meeting the person you thought was right for you? Do you think your story stands the test of time or are the circumstances locked in the moment when it happened? Was their ultimate joy or sadness with this experience.?
         

Here's a first meeting that could be love at first sight. an excerpt from Knights of Sparrow, The Wedding for Peace

Finally the music and voices reached a prayerful suspense which sustained as the assembled hundreds strained to see the glittering, veiled figure of Princess Eleanor Dorvean. Her cape and train, also pure white, bore the filigree-bordered sunburst of God’s Light in countless diamonds and rubies.   

Eleanor’s walk seemed stiff and uncomfortable. Belline realized the slight girl was pulling the excessive weight of the cape and train. Her face was hidden by the veil, but Belline knew the expression, like her father, would be determined. They’ll never break her, but what an education she must have received from old Rudegund once they knew the treaty and marriage were possible… and certainly inevitable. It's not fair to her. She’s so young!

Kneeling beside Adrian, Eleanor looked straight ahead. High Priest Petroc stood to begin the ceremony. In the oppressive heat of candles, the silent crowd---Carfanians and Nostromians alike---focused their hopes and imaginations on visions of peace. Belline hoped with all her being that the promise could be fulfilled. She tried to see everything to remember the moment.   

Petroc’s voice sang in prayerful chant, echoed by the chorus. Finally, after the last chorus of "Divide Not Our Love", the High Priest signaled for the royal couple to stand. The ladies Dean and Julie rushed forward to readjust Eleanor’s heavy garments, and then gently remove the veil. A mass of dark, auburn hair flowed down her back, crowned with tiny white flowers woven into the diamond coronet.

Belline couldn’t hold back her tears when Eleanor and Adrian finally faced each other, reaching to hold hands. She could see Adrian’s expression when he saw his bride for the first time. He looked stunned. Eleanor carried the best traits of both her mother and father which blended into breathtaking perfection.

Adrian repeated the vows of King-to-take-a-wife in a loud, strong voice. Eleanor spoke her vows in a barely audible tone. Once again the chorus sang of love and devotion. Belline could feel Ludger shifting uncomfortably beside her, and once, Angus groaned.

The High Priest stood above them on the step of his throne, arms spread wide. “As husband and wife, as King and Queen, as bringers of peace to the world, may the blessing of God’s Light fall upon you in all its glory!”

On his words, the huge dome covers pulled away in a roar of canvas rollers. The full brilliance of a bright, sunny day at noon flooded the platform transforming the white and diamonds into a blinding vision. Bells rang merging with a choral crescendo joined by the cheers from those inside and the multitudes outside.

Belline and Ludger followed King Rudegund and Queen Celona into the blinding sunlight to embrace the new couple while Petroc and his priests stood smiling benevolently.


A political wedding where the bride and groom had never seen each other before. Will it be love or a disaster?

Write on...>>>iggy

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/839956-ELEANORS-WEDDING