*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840927-Monday-Febuary-9th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing.Com · #2029789
A book of postings made in my Blog City
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#840927 added February 9, 2015 at 2:56pm
Restrictions: None
Monday Febuary 9th


This is Monday's prompt:
Prompt: Anais Nin said: “Something is always born of excess: great art was born of great terrors, great loneliness, great inhibitions, instabilities, and it always balances them.” Do you think emotional excess is necessary for creativity and writing?

Do you think emotional excess is necessary for creativity and writing?

I never really thought about before. I suppose emotional excess is needed. Like all true artiest, emotions is what defines us. Has there been a good artist which was not driving by their emotions? When ever someone is hyper sensitive and it is brought up that person is an artist, does it not serve as an explanation?

I know for me it is extremely true. I have had a rough life, with many ups and downs all of which drove me to grab pen & paper. It matters not if it is outwardly emotional event such as a death or an inner emotional issue such as receiving a letter from a dear friend that I lost contact with years ago, they all drive me to write.

For a writer to be good at their craft the writer must be able to tap into deep emotional levels in order to grab hold of the reader. It is irrelevant to what genera the writer is aiming at, in order to catch the readers attention you must be able to connect with the reader.
For those that write stories the writer must be able to connect to feelings of the each character in order to set the sense, produce the proper dialog, and create/solve the core plot of the story. For those that write poetry it is even more important to be in touch with emotions as they have a faction of lines for the writer to bond with the reader and produce a connection.

Yes, I do believe emotional excess is needed for creativity and writing.

As a wise person once said; Out of the ashes of despair will emerge a greatness like no other.


Taz

Embracing & Feeding the writing addiction

© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/840927-Monday-Febuary-9th