*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842259
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#842259 added February 23, 2015 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
End Of The World By: Skeeter Davis
End Of The World By: Skeeter Davis

My father and his Air Force buddies played country music and I love country music especially the old songs. I love this song. As I got older and had relationships,. I thought of this song more then once. Why did my heart go on beating? Why did the stars still shine? It is hard to understand why it still does go when life is giving you lemons and bad times. Breaking up felt like the end of the world but it wasn't. You think the world ended when someone you loved broke up with you.

This song was in the movie: "Girl Irresponsible." It stars Wynona Ryder, Angelina Jolie and Brittany Murphy. These girls were in a mental institution. Angelina's character was mean and hateful. Working in mental health, I have encountered this. Angelina's character was real hateful to Brittany's character saying it was incest between her father and her and that is why she had her own apartment and she would never be free. The mentally ill have feelings and I have to remind myself of this and this movie made me appreciate the people I take care of. "End Of The World" song was playing and Wynona's character asked Angelina's character where Brittany's character was. Angelina's character said she has been in her room and keeps playing that record over and over. I knew what had happened. Brittany's character had hung herself. I have encountered attempted suicides at my job. Sad. Luckily, my people didn't succeed. "End Of The World" song has a new meaning for me. This is a good movie and working in mental health is hard and hard for the people I take care of. I wish they all be cured.

When the world does end, I want to be ready. This is not the happiest entry I have written lately. I do love this song.

** Image ID #2026596 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842259