*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842442-Fame
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#842442 added February 24, 2015 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Fame
Blog City Prompt: Fame. What do you think fame does to people in regard to ambition and ego especially when it is found and then when it is lost? Does a person's life turn dark, weird and funny as it does in the Oscar winner movie Birdman about a washed up actor star trying to make a comeback?

Fame can change a person. Money, power, fame and being a celebrity makes a person think they don't need their friends anymore. They think they can take on the world. Like cooperate bosses. Our one CEO was once an orderly and he doesn't talk to employees and he walks around like he is God. I can't picture him as an orderly. I heard Adam Sandler snubbed David Spade because David plays in comedy shows and Adam does movies. I knew a person who went to college with Rob Lowe and said Rob was nice but after he got fame, he ignored his one friend.

Fame can make a person forget where they came from and turn against their friends. This is sad. Reminds of Tommy Roe's song: "The Folk Singer." The Folk Singer lived in the mountains and sang songs for his girlfriend Sara Jane and friends. He got discovered and pushed Sara Jane and his friends aside. He woke up one morning and couldn't speak or sing. He went back to Sara Jane and could talk and sing again but now he just sings for his Sara Jane.

I knew a Nurse who was a Nurses Aid and became a Nurse and acted better then everyone. Her husband got arrested and she was so upset. She learned she isn't above the rest. This is my take on the prompt. I just gave examples. Fame. You don't live forever and sometimes fame is short lived.

** Image ID #2030606 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842442-Fame