*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842998-Sunday-news-prompt
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#842998 added March 2, 2015 at 12:19am
Restrictions: None
Sunday news prompt
What a convent prompt for today; take an article from your local paper and write about it...





I will be writing about a local murder trial that is the local paper today. Why I say this is ironic is because I was there, in an "after the fact" kind of way. Allow me to explain.





In November as I am closing the store/cafe I work at a man runs is "Call 911 she just been shot!"


Naturally I do as instructed as I walk out to see a figure lying on the ground outside the open driver side door of a running car. Once the state troopers show up they use our closed cafe as their investigation headquarters. A night that should have had me going home at 10pm didn't allow me go home until 5am the following morning.





Murder Trial enter second week





(no names will be used of course)


A 31 year old local man is charged with 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder by intent of serious injury, 2nd degree murder by extreme indifference manslaughter, 3rd degree assault & kidnapping and 2 counts of coercion. The murder victim is a 28 year old local women which has left behind, among others, a 7 year old child. The kidnapped victim is another local man age 26, who was the murder victim's boyfriend.


The article goes on to tell of text messages between the accused & the victims, the fact that the murder victim died of injuries from a bullet wound received in her temple at extremely close range, the fact that the victim had signed over parental rights of her child to her sister earlier that very day, and the fact that the suspect fled the scene.


Even though I personally did not know any of the people involved other than they were all customers of the store/cafe I worked at, it is still effects me. I t was my only my 2nd time closing alone, they are all fairly young people, all of which come directly out of the very tiny community I moved to only a week before, and the emotions of that night will stay with me for a long time to come.


Naturally i feel for the young child that no longer has a mother, all the families involved, yes even the accused. It will be a testimony of how this community dynamics are, because it is such a small community everyone knows one another and this will affect them all. In addition to the effects the actually act its self has already had on them the outcome of the trial will affect them again.


Being the outsider and having very limited pieces of the back stories and only the reactions I witnessed to go on, I have my own suspicions of how it all really went down, but that is for the courts to determine now. I just hope for the sack of all those involved both alive and dead they do they jobs right .



© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/842998-Sunday-news-prompt