*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843032-MAYBE-IT-IS-RIGHT
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#843032 added March 2, 2015 at 10:03am
Restrictions: None
MAYBE IT IS RIGHT?
Blog City Prompt: Madeleine L'Engle said, "Slowly, slowly I am learning to listen to the book, in the same way I try to listen in prayer. If the book tells me to do something completely unexpected, I heed it; the book is usually right."
What do you think she meant?


“You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.”
Madeleine L'Engle


She seemed to believe in the innocence and imaginary powers of children. I think Madeleine wanted to retain that accepting ability that most of us lose as we age.

It's the difference between people who read Science Fiction and Fantasy with those who only read mystrey, murder, and war stories. The Sci-fi folks accept lots of new ideas and concepts. The others are deep into hard reality.

I believe we get enough of hard reality all around us in real life. I see too much promoted on television and in lots of new fiction. Why is that?

Listen to the children...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843032-MAYBE-IT-IS-RIGHT