*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
21
22
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843124-Reciting-Poetry
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#843124 added March 3, 2015 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
Reciting Poetry
Prompt: My college professor said there is great value in memorizing and reciting poetry." Why do you think she would say that in a Creative Writing Class? What benefits do you think she was offering in suggesting this?

Poetry is part of writing. Memorizing and reciting poetry helps us learn about poetry and writing and gives you ideas. A poem can be a story and you can turn a poem into a short story and maybe a novel. If you want to just do poems, you can do that. Memorizing and reciting poems can help you become a good poet. You will be a poet and know it. Writing and poetry go hand in hand. So many times, I have read a book and there is a poem in the beginning. It sets the scene and mood for the story which is a good idea. We can learn from poetry. It motivates us to write a story, hopefully a great one and a best seller. So, memorize and recite poetry. What do you have to lose?

** Image ID #2030606 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2015 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843124-Reciting-Poetry