*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843175-outlaw
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#843175 added March 4, 2015 at 1:08am
Restrictions: None
outlaw
Name a time when you broke a rule or law. Did you get caught, or did you get away with it?





Be much to young for anyone to actually give real work to , and having a child to provide for I spent many years working under the law radar. I say under because there were times that I should have been busted, but do to my age the law officials presumed I was working for someone and the bottom of the chain instead of nearly the top. I survived many attempted crosses from those within the ring and had developed a well respected (as respected as one can be among criminals) name for myself. Which allowed me to conduct my business for many years with out ever getting a record.





Allow I am not proud of how I made my money and was able to quiet once I turned 14 years old. I was very proud of the fact that I was able to not only keep my child away from the crime element, but he was complete unaware of how I made my money until he was well into his adulthood and we had a confessional heart to heart.





I count myself lucky for not only earning a criminal record, but also proving to myself that I will always be able to provide for my family. I have not needed to return to that life nor do I ever for see myself returning to it.





Although it was a bit of a shock the my oldest especial considering how hard I was on him any time he came close to that path. It may sound hypocritical but it is because I was there and saw where it took some people and knowing that few are lucky I was to get out untouched. He understood but only because he was so much older when the reveal came. I believe had it taking place at any younger age it would have played out much differently.





My other kids are aware of it and because of listen to my oldest and others around me at the time (and the fact that I know what to leave out so they are not set up with a how to) they respect & trust me enough to come to me when they feel that is their only option. We have always been able to work things our legally and that fact makes me feel good.





As any parent will tell you, our goal as parents to avoid our children to suffer the struggles we did and to receive the best life possible with minimal shame or embossment.



© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843175-outlaw