*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843289-THE-NIGHTMARE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#843289 added March 5, 2015 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
THE NIGHTMARE
Prompt: You are having a nightmare. You chose a door and open it. What adventure do you have?
What is this? Two prompt? Yep! Do one, or both, or neither. Your choice.
Blog City Prompt: What is your go-to party song? What song would you play to hype people up? Include a link, embed a YouTube video, or just give the song title and who it's by.


The smoke cleared, at least enough to see the room. I've been here before. I'm trying to walk, but it's difficult. The air feels like heavy mud. Oh, now I see---across the room there looks like an old, broken door.

Behind me there are voices calling out, "Stop! You can't go there!" I need to get away from whoever it is. My legs are trembling, I push harder. The voices demand, "Wait!"  I panic and stumble forward.

I reach the door and touch the rough, flaking wood. I search how to open it. Where is the handle? I find an irregular hole where someone has ripped out the handle. Maybe it was a doorknob?

My fingernails claw at the splintered edge of the disintegrating wood. It gives a bit. I see a crack of light coming from the other side. Escape!

The voice behind me screams, "No! No! Stop!" Terrified, I have a grip on the edge. My fingers pull. The door is opening! My heart is pounding. I have to get away! Augh! The light is so bright! I almost fall through the sudden opening.

Three beautiful blonde cheerleaders in white fringe outfits smile at me with red lips and sparkling teeth. "Welcome ya-all! Welcome! This is the Second Prompt! Yea! Yea! Yea!." They are bumping and dancing. "Second Prompt Yeah!" The wind is blowing their hair, the fringe on their tops is fluttering. "Yeah!"

SHOCK---I'm awake! It was only a nightmare. My body is sweating, shirt stuck to my chest. My clock shows 3:45am. The trade winds are blowing hard. The boat is lightly rocking. I can hear the ropes and cables of the rigging rattling and smacking in the wind. One of the ferry boats starts up, roaring it's engines. That means the first of probably four cruise ships has arrived out in the bay. Ahhh...another morning at the marina in Belize City.

Happy day...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843289-THE-NIGHTMARE