*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843845-UNDERSTANDING-AWARD
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#843845 added March 11, 2015 at 2:31pm
Restrictions: None
UNDERSTANDING AWARD
Blog City Prompt: You have just received a special Award. What is the Award for? Write your acceptance speech.


Hello, thank you for coming today!
Here’s the story: Did you notice that it is very difficult to summarize RANDOM INFORMATION? The more random ideas and events are, they have greater dimensionality and the more problem we have organizing it in our brains. So we like (need) to summarize it all, and give it a file name. I think this is a natural human inclination.

You see, more summaries equal more order and less randomness...Soooo...this condition that makes us simplify allows, if not forces, us to believe and think THAT THE WORLD IS LESS RANDOM THAN IT REALLY IS. (Think about that!)

My award is for finally understanding that we live in a much more random world than I thought. I am adjusting. And I would like to thank Sir Doktor Professor Karl Raimund Popper for saying,
“Understanding how to act under conditions of incomplete information is the highest and most urgent human pursuit.”

Remember, in takes considerable effort to see facts...while withholding judgement and resisting explanations. Can you do that? I think it goes against our grain.

And I have to thank Nassim Nicholas Taleb for doing all the thinking that I Missed.

Peace to all...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.



© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/843845-UNDERSTANDING-AWARD