*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844227-new-picture-wrong
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#844227 added March 15, 2015 at 8:42pm
Restrictions: None
new picture wrong!
Halfway there you guys!





The Sunday News!: Pick a random article from the headlines and talk about it. Share your opinions and feelings about it. Encourage a conversation.






Well, my topic is not actual about the content of the article as much as it is the picture and the misleading of the media in general. However it was prompted by an article in today's paper so that counts right?





The article is about a sex trafficking couple that was apprehended after 3 years and is currently at large.





The picture that was placed with the story was of the town's public transportation depo. Here is my problem with this.





The traffickers used planes, were targeting the native population from remote areas and is thought to be hiding in one of the remote villages. The only connection the story had the town in which uses the bus depo pictured is that the reporter is from that town and it is a very common gathering area for the local youth.





The article gives names but no pictures of the criminals, no sketches or even real description other than names and ages.





I don't know how many people are like me, but the reason I stopped to read this article is because of the headline & the picture.


"Sex Trafficking Couple at Large" and the depo picture.





Once I was done reading I was actually madder at the reporter/editor than at the story. (I actually had to re-read it to get the subject matter). Why would the news paper allow this?





This local paper has done tons of stories on how the downtown area is trying so hard to clean up the bad reputation it has and make this depo a safer place for the local youth. In fact the newspaper just did a report on the teen center that is inside this depo for the youth to get free help on a variety of issues.





So I ask again, Why would the newspaper connect such the depo with such an ugly story if they have nothing in common?





Is this what our media has become? Just another sell out?





Or is the newspaper so hard up for reporters that don't bother editing such things?





I saw it as lazy reporting. Would condone this?





Personally, I would like to have more details on what the couple looked like, a sketch behaviors, or maybe even what type of girls they tend to go after with a picture of either them, the type of girls they go after or maybe even the vehicles they use (sketches would have been fine).





I believe this was poor reporting & editing and even worse excursion of the story. If you would even call it that.





What are you opinions on this subject matter?

© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844227-new-picture-wrong