*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844238-Month-of-the-mad
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #2029113
What ever is in my head at the time.
#844238 added March 15, 2015 at 11:36pm
Restrictions: None
Month of the mad
Wildcard Monday!





What does the phrase "March Madness" mean to you?






Sadly when I hear "March Madness" I instantly get a vision of retail crack!





Spending almost 2 full decades in retail from name brand cooperation to hand me down mom & pop joints it all seems to be from the same trainer. March is the off month for which winter is over but spring is not yet in swing so they all take this month to blow though what ever product they have left to make way for the new season stuff already in route.





Naturally it hits just about the time everyone is either getting or already has that annual tax return so the money is out there for the taking . It is just a matter of who can convince the most customers to buy from them.





Sales go up, new customer contacts go up and low and behold the fiscal quarter ends on a good note and the bonuses and support coming raining in for the next year to come.





When I was kid it was all about baseball and good weather playing, as an adult it is just about long hours and mean bargain shoppers.





This is how "march Madness" has changed it meaning over the years to me.





Right now though it is all about the "summer Hire" season. Everyone is recruiting for the anticipated busy summer season. Job fairs are popping up, recruitment events are scheduled everywhere and even the already employed are out fighting for the same jobs..





"March Madness" is just that; the month of the madness.

© Copyright 2015 Taz_Koby (UN: rj_koby at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Taz_Koby has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844238-Month-of-the-mad