*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844417-Blind-Following
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#844417 added March 18, 2015 at 5:52am
Restrictions: None
Blind Following
"Note: Mine is not to question why. Mine is but to '..."
This quote came to me I think because I was pondering how people tend to be so insecure and afraid to lead that they end up being content to follow. This used to be me, now on the thrice day of my brand new JOB! I am mentally preparing myself for the figurative battle of the corporate world once again. Well, not quite corporate, it's still a government contractor, something I hoped/prayed to never do/work for again, but at least the subject matter is deceptively more interesting and I get to work with 'pretty' (read as 'not as boring/dry as the written word) pictures of plane parts.

Anywho, I think my brain is also leaning this way in light of the newest Creflo Dollar scandal. I respected him for jacking up his daughter when she needed it, but this just knocked way back down on the respect poll.
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/16/opinions/posner-creflo-dollar-gulfstream/index...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/03/17/televangelist-65m-buy-j...


I compeltely believe in the power of tithing. I even believe that pastor's should make an HONEST wage. What I do not believe is that Pastor Dollar is thinking straight.

We used to attend World Changers back in the 90s before it was ever any where near mega church status. I don't remember those days well but I like to believe that once upon a time his heart was in the right place. Now it seems this mans life sustaining organ is firmly lodged up his kiester. I mean REALLY I a 600 million dollar JET!?!? It's bad enough he lives in a 2.5 million dollar home! I mean come ON. What pisses me off, besides the fact that this reflects badly on the church as a whole, is that I believe there are that many people who would be more than happy to give this fool all the money he could ever want/ask for. The evidence is in the pudding pie, the fact that he has the audacity to even pose this suggestion is proof that he's used to getting the flock to provide. EVEN if he honestly plans to use the plane 100% for God's glory (which is highly doubtful) the idea that he would find this to be a reasonable thing to ask a congregation of mainly middle/lower class wage earners just turns my mind helter-skelter.

OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE! Even if you are not 'religious', even if you pride yourself on being a 'leader'. Take a moment and think about where/when you have blindly followed the crowd simply because they believed as you do, or because it was the easy thing to do. Just think about it.


http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/in-the-line-of-fire/48743-why-creflo-won-t-be-getting-my-dollars?showall=&start=1

© Copyright 2015 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844417-Blind-Following