*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844447-A-LITTLE-BIT-OF-HEAVEN
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#844447 added March 18, 2015 at 5:31pm
Restrictions: None
A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN?
Prompt: What does "Heaven On Earth" mean to you?


The perfect place to be on Earth is supposed to be just like the imaginary visions of heaven.

Now that could be the Christian heaven with God surrounded by angels and lots of fluffy white clouds and rainbows. Or a wild crazy place with thousands of young, voluptuous virgins or the place for slain warriors called Valhalla. The ideas and images are different for each religion and culture.

To Americans I think it means to have the 'Dream' where the scenic spot is perfect and the little house with the white picket fence is always surrounded by perfect weather.  Songs and poems abound about heaven on earth. An expression of idealism. Perfection subtly tied to religion. You think?

I remember my mother called the redwood forests of northern California, "A little bit of heaven, like a cathedral." And there are places on Earth of awe inspiring beauty and grandeur. Reduced to a photo or a zooming video they lose something.

You have to stand out there and actually see for yourself. Then we humans are not so big or important.

Think on that...>>>iggy*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small I'm docked at Talent Pond's Blog Harbor, a safe port for bloggers to connect.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/844447-A-LITTLE-BIT-OF-HEAVEN