*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848120-The-Winter-of-my-Creative-Career
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1910923
Looks like I may have a ton of these, so this is collection 1 of Reflections
#848120 added April 27, 2015 at 9:30am
Restrictions: None
The Winter of my Creative Career
Thought of the Day: I'm in the winter of my writing career.

I haven't been on much both b/c I'm intent on writing a book before doing more fun writing. A super honest and constructively critical reviewer once told me (in kind words) to stop writing little things and get on to the big stuff.

But also because I've started this new 'career'/job that I LOVE (relatively speaking). But I'm forgoing my Masters this coming fall in lieu of stockpiling/rebuilding my bank account.

Unfortunately independence and moving out of my mothers place needs to take precedence.
So yea, after listening to Bert Weiss (http://thebertshow.com/) talk about his take from the Bruce Jenner interview, how it's never to late to "find your happy". At 28 I have to constantly remind myself that "there's still time".

I try not to do that too much b/c it can be an excuse for procrastination. But I also have to prevent myself from being too complacent. To giving up and only seeing/viewing/doing this as a hobby.

I told my mom I was taking this Poetry class (https://learn.canvas.net/courses/641) and she made an off hand comment about how I really enjoy that 'hobby'. She didn't mean anything by it but it stung all the same. Until I get something published I can't truly call my self a professional CREATIVE writer.

So yea, my reality is leaving me kind of cold and I find myself consistently searching for the warmth of a pen and the scratch of paper (Sidenote: My sis and I went to the Inman Park Festival this weekend and one of the vendors had fountain pens for sale. I know nothing about calligraphy but I vow to learn one day! Right around the time I finally get back to my Snail Mail group pen-pals -SORRY GUYS!) but the spring will come soon enough and I look forward to sharing the thaw with you guys.

See "Note: Thought of the Day: I'm in the winter of ..."

© Copyright 2015 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848120-The-Winter-of-my-Creative-Career