*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848133-REJECTION-LETTER-SENT
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#848133 added April 27, 2015 at 12:23pm
Restrictions: None
REJECTION LETTER SENT
Blog City Prompt: Let’s put on our editor’s hats and help someone who has handed in his novel’s manuscript. Even before the middle, you find out that the central problem is extremely weak, so weak that it doesn’t even make sense (to you) for the writer to have written as much as he has. In which ways would you assist this writer, or else, what would you say to him?


Hey Melonie,
I received your manuscript, HOW TO CREATE A SUCCESSFUL GARDEN FANTASY, Budge Secrets For the Beginner. I must compliment you on the cover photograph. The setting with the pastel rabbits in the background are a delight for the imagination. Your ideas in the forward for the book are creative and could be quite practical.

However, I have found some serious problems within the content of the first four chapters. I know your intention is that any garden fantasy project be a total success, but your suggested series of steps are not believable or justified. Most beginners to this new industry would have a very difficult time trying to follow your suggestions.

For instance, Step-3: How to manipulate the budget. Item One: Bumping Up the Budget Committee. You have suggested that cash bribes and gifts of new cell phones to committee chairmen will excite them to allow payment for those $200,000 setting and location requirements. This is essentially bribery and that is illegal, especially for corporate foundations.

The consequences of some of your Essential Steps, could result in very expensive lawsuits against Fantasy Planners.

I am returning your manuscript with regret. Our company cannot condone nor accept any of your material.

We must demand that you cease and desist all promotions that state our company is already planning to publish your book. We have never considered publishing your manuscript, and will never in the future.

It is our friendly suggestion that you consider a different profession than writing.
Wishing you the best for that endeavor.

Very sincerely,

John Smith, Chief Editor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Peace and Love...>>>iggy *Boat*

© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848133-REJECTION-LETTER-SENT