*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848245-ITS-JUST-A-STARTING-POINT
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#848245 added April 28, 2015 at 8:50am
Restrictions: None
IT’S JUST A STARTING POINT!

Blog City Prompt: Ann Patchett says, “I never learned how to take the beautiful thing in my imagination and put it on paper without feeling I killed it along the way. I did, however, learn how to weather the death, and I learned how to forgive myself for it.” Do you agree with her or is the process different for you?


Imagination is the seed of an idea. For a writer, his/her words bring the creation of their mind into a two-dimensional reality on paper or a screen. The exact detail or closeness to the imagined thing might not be the same, or beyond their ability to express it fully.

But the truth of this concept is that imagination within out mind is terribly fluid and transitory. It can change and alter itself in an instant of logical thinking. IT’S JUST A STARTING POINT! You can write ten versions of the imagined thing and still change your mind.

It sounds to me that Ann Patchett is afraid of her own mind?

As a writer of speculative fiction, I love the absolute freedom of using imagination to create characters in worlds that are pure invention. The rules can be close to the real world or completely different and upside down. There are no rules about rules!

Writing is a kind of adventure. It should be enjoyable and satisfying, not a grieving process for what you couldn’t write.

Write on...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848245-ITS-JUST-A-STARTING-POINT