*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848984-Snow-White-and-the-Shoe-Polish
by Shaara
Rated: ASR · Book · Children's · #807125
These are pieces for and/or about teens.
#848984 added May 7, 2015 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Snow White and the Shoe Polish
Snow White has dealings with the wicked queen, but the queen tricks her every time.


This is an illustration for a story about Snow White. The wicked queen fools her again.




Snow White and the Shoe Polish



Wednesday: I purchased a new product yesterday. I got it from that nice, old lady who came to the cottage window. It looks like the most wonderful shoe polish. I know that the dwarves will be so happy when they wake up and find that I’ve polished their shoes.

Wax on, wax off, polish clean.
Rub those shoes until they gleam.
Spit a bit to make them shine.
Rub it hard, three times nine.


Oh, what a beautiful shine! But, oh, no! The shoes are turning aquamarine. Oh, what shall I do?

Thursday: The dwarves went off to work this morning quite upset with me. They did not like having blue shoes. Sneezy said that the color made him feel congested, and he started sneezing faster and faster until he took them off. Dopey claimed he’d drown because the shoes and water were the same color.

Actually, once you got used to the color, I didn’t think it was all that bad. However, that nice, old lady came to the cottage window again. When I told her how unhappy the dwarves were with aquamarine, she traded the shoe polish for a different shade. This one is leather brown. Tonight when the dwarves are all in bed, I’ll fix their shoes good as new.

Wax on, wax off, polish clean.
Rub those shoes until they gleam.
Spit a bit to make them shine.
Rub it hard, three times nine.


Oh, what a dazzling shine! But, oh, no! The shoes are turning vermilion. Oh, what shall I do?

Friday: The dwarves were not at all pleased with the new shade of their shoes. Sleepy, luckily, didn’t notice, but Grumpy was quite irritable about it. In fact, he said the color reminded him of of blood, and he wouldn’t wear them.

I’m afraid I cried when the dwarves left. I had so wanted to please them. But then that nice, old lady came to the cottage window. She traded me a brand new shade of polish. This one is dark brown, she said, so the dwarves will have to be happy.

Saturday: I usually sleep in on Saturday, but this morning I rose up and polished shoes. I just had to make the dwarves happy, don’t you see?

Wax on, wax off, polish clean.
Rub those shoes until they gleam.
Spit a bit to make them shine.
Rub it hard, three times nine.


Oh, what a striking shine! But, oh, no! The shoes are turning indigo. Oh, what shall I do?

Sunday: Yesterday did not go well at all. The dwarves barely spoke to me. How was I supposed to know that sepia-colored shoe polish would turn their shoes into a purple-blue? Besides, it was a nice color. But Doc gave me a lecture about “Not believing everything I hear,” and Bashful pulled the sleeve of my sweater and then shook his head. His eyes were so sad that I just knew I had to change the shoes back to their rightful color.

So when the dwarves were all out mining and the nice, old lady came by, I poured out the whole story and explained to her how very important it was to get the right color for my beloved dwarves. She gave me a brand new jar of polish. I can’t wait to try it.


Monday: Well, it’s only two o’clock in the morning. I set my alarm, you see, and I plan to polish all these shoes back to brown.

Wax on, wax off, polish clean.
Rub those shoes until they gleam.
Spit a bit to make them shine.
Rub it hard, three times nine.


Oh, what a gorgeous shine! But, oh, no! The shoes are turning carmine. Oh, what shall I do?


Tuesday: It is so hard to make people happy. No matter what I do, they're not satisfied. Up half the night polishing away, and then the dwarves are glaring at me just because their shoes are purplish-red. I was ready to cry when Happy came up and gave me a big hug.

“I like them,” Happy told me. Grumpy moaned, and the others all had frowns. Doc just kept wagging his finger at me and saying, “I told you. I told you.”

I went to bed right after they left, and I slept until that nice, old woman knocked at the window. Once again I told her the story, and she gave me a fresh new jar of polish. I’ve never worked so hard in all my life. I don’t know if I’m ever going to polish shoes again after I fix this situation.

Wednesday: All right. I'm up. It's two A.M. again, and I've got that new jar of polish. So here I go again.


Wax on, wax off, polish clean.
Rub those shoes until they gleam.
Spit a bit to make them shine.
Rub it hard, three times nine.


Oh, what a gorgeous shine! Oh, finally! The shoes are turning umber. That’s wonderful. Won’t the dwarves be happy?

Unfortunately, I’m afraid I was so tired, I fell asleep. Bashful woke me up, tugging at the sleeve of my sweater.

“What, Bashful?” I asked, and he showed me his shoes. They were still brown, all right, but the polish was dissolving them. The leather was cracking, too, and falling off into flakes.

I cried and cried. I couldn’t fix the dwarves their breakfast, so they set off to work with no shoes and empty stomachs. "I’m such a failure. I’ve ruined everything," I kept sobbing as I watched them walk away.

I can’t wait for that nice, old woman to come by. I give up on shoe polish. Besides there's no more shoes to wax.

I wonder what she’ll trade me today. Maybe I could get some tool lubricant or some roof stop-leak. I’m sure her other products are much better than the shoe polish. Don't you think?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
© Copyright 2015 Shaara (UN: shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Shaara has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/848984-Snow-White-and-the-Shoe-Polish