*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849132-WritingComs-been-updated
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#849132 added May 15, 2015 at 7:48pm
Restrictions: None
Writing.Com's been updated!
This week we've released some significant changes to Writing.Com that we are very excited to finally share with the entire community! Codenamed "Project 2015" (P15), this is our first major update in five years and the culmination of more than six months of working and reworking, tweaking and retweaking.

We've highlighted just a handful of the many great changes and encourage you to make your way through Writing.Com to explore them:

*Bullet* Our new navigation and user interface is more welcoming, easier to understand and less cluttered. Writing.Com provides more options, tools and activities than any other writing community, so this is a very important update and one of our favorites to P15!

*Bullet* We've consolidated the text of various "tools" and "manage" areas and now use a standard (gear) icon. Look for this image any time you want to edit, update or explore an item or area.

*Bullet* Mobile usability and functionality is much more up to date and current. This is a huge change for Writing.Com and we are very excited about this one!

*Bullet* Item creation and edit screens are easier on the eyes, simpler to fill out, quicker to comprehend and more streamlined than ever before.

*Bullet* Covers for items and portfolios are easier to upload or choose.

*Bullet* All members, regardless of paid or free accounts, may now use our Writing.Com stock covers for their items and portfolios!

*Bullet* Portfolio covers are now used within the community, including the newsfeed and forum posts. This makes Writing.Com more personable, emphasizing our community and encouraging individual creativity.

*Bullet* Our new Portfolio Organizer is dynamic and allows you to simply drag and drop your portfolio items into the order you want them. This update also makes it easy to see the entire layout of your portfolio in one glance without paging back and forth.

*Bullet* Portfolios have been cleaned up and the highlighted items are now visually showcased with their covers more than ever before.

*Bullet* Our sitewide search system has been combined with searching within portfolios. You can now search within your own portfolio or someone else's, depending where you are within the site.

*Bullet* Skins & Themes and the colors they use are utilized more with our new navigation and layout. Customize your personal view of Writing.Com by easily changing the background, font and various other colors that will envelope your pages.

*Bullet* Item listings have been given an updated look with a focus on covers.


... This list only scratches the surface of our latest update to Writing.Com. There are countless other updates and visual improvements that haven't been mentioned, but will make the community more user-friendly for members new and old.

The positive feedback from our community has been incredible! The P15 update took many cues from site members and testers who participated in our various testing periods and those that have posted in "Beta Tests: Comments. We're always here to listen and help with any problems you may find within the new Writing.Com. So seriously: If you have any questions or bug reports regarding the new site, please visit and post in:
 
FORUM
Beta Tests: Comments  (13+)
A forum for discussion of beta updates within Writing.Com...
#1667262 by The StoryMaster



And don't forget...
Our ongoing "Good Deeds Get CASH! review contest offers cash prizes for your feedback! Authors on Writing.Com are looking for good, useful critiques and exposure within our community. Do a good deed by reviewing any qualifying item on Writing.Com and you might win!
                   Good Deeds Contest Header
               First Place:  $100 cash
           Second Place:  $  50 cash
              Third Place:  $  25 cash

No purchase necessary; everyone may enter! No limit on the number of entries, review as many times as you want to increase your odds of being selected in the random draw portion of the contest. For the complete details, rules and terms, please see:
 
STATIC
Good Deeds Get CASH!  (E)
Write reviews to win cash prizes!
#1908150 by Writing.Com Support



Thanks for your support and enjoy!
  ~~ The StoryMistress and
         The StoryMaster

© Copyright 2015 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849132-WritingComs-been-updated