*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849388-DIFFICULT-TASKS
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#849388 added May 12, 2015 at 5:23pm
Restrictions: None
DIFFICULT TASKS?
Blog City Prompt: What is the most difficult task for you in living your life--day to day, or if you wish, in general?


For me it would be holding off all the distractions, interruptions and obligations that eat into my writing time. Writing a novel takes time, and the creative part requires absolutely no break in my thoughts or I’m lost and have to put it off. To write a scene with multiple characters and moving locations means a lot of background and stuff rolling around in your head to make it all work.

Living on a sailboat in a marina with a boating community is always lively with many unexpected problems, people needing help, happy visitors and the ever present weather. Tides are always rising or falling twice a day. Now the trade winds are blowing from 3 to 15 miles per hour. Even moored, the boat is constantly moving, usually a sort of relaxing cradle.

This is a commercial marina with many fishing enterprises and a fleet of large tenders, or ferries, that shuttle the thousands of cruise ship passengers to the tourist village at the Belize City port. Their large engines start warming up at 5 to 6am up to four mornings a week. Part of the facility is Old Belize which features a large museum, a very popular restaurant and a beach with a huge, filtered seawater pool. Busloads of cruse ship folks come to sun, swim and eat. Seems to be a lot of drinking as well. Local families and all the business and political men and women show up also.

In the midst of all this, I am writing Knights of Sparrow, and I think, loving it! Chapter 37 is underway.

Peace...>>>iggy *Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small




© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849388-DIFFICULT-TASKS