*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849590-BLAME-IT-ON-THE-WIND
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#849590 added May 15, 2015 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
BLAME IT ON THE WIND
We are all guilty at times of telling instead of showing: I am going to give you some sentences that definitely tell, give me some examples of show, one or all of them. Whatever works for you. I am sure it will be interesting. *Bigsmile*


Her hair was a mess. I hate the smell of roses. He couldn't wait to see her again. You always change your mind. The moon is full.


1. Her hair was a mess.
The wind caught the broad brim of her stylish hat, lifting it with all her carefully pinned curls. The feathered hat departed for the heavens, but her precious hair-do expanded, uncurled, spitting pins in all directions. She transformed from the ultra elegant lady to looking like a wild-looking escapee from the private clinic where she usually donated several thousand pounds.

2. I hate the smell of roses.
She had hoped he would admire her garden when she invited him to have an early tea on the terrace. He walked in looking debonair as usual, kissed her hand with lingering lips. “You look lovely. The country air must agree with you.” She guided him to the table beside the most beautiful pink and white roses. The linen, lace-edged, with the one-hundred year old China plates and cups, the pattern exactly matching the deep red roses, freshly cut, that decorated the centerpiece. He sat for a moment, looking concerned and not particularly happy. “There is one thing I should confess to you before we discuss our engagement. I hate the smell of roses.” It was at that exact moment the wind took her hat!

3.He couldn't wait to see her again.
She became transformed when the wind took her hat and destroyed all the fussy curls that made her look so prim and perfect. Now with the wind free in her hair, a more natural, sexual creature he had never seen. He couldn’t wait to see her again. She cried and clung to him. He forgot all about the tea and the roses.

4.You always change your mind.
White linen pants, be damned. He dropped to one knee, one hand reaching for the small ring box in his coat pocket. “You are too perfect! I beg you to marry me. And don’t just say yes, you have to mean it this time. You always change your mind when we have to face your mother. I love you! I will even love your mother if you will marry me!”

5. The moon is full.
“Think about it, my darling. In just five days time we can be married when the moon is full. It will be breathtaking down by the lake, and you will be breathtaking in your mother’s wedding dress. Only with your hair down and blowing free like the natural woman that your are. Please say yes, because I love you.”
Her soft lips touched his and he tasted tears of happiness. Just then her sour and stern mother stepped onto the terrace. “Abigail, I would have a word with you.” She looked daggers at the man who stood like a fool with dirty spots on his white pants.

Funny prompt...>>>iggy *Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/849590-BLAME-IT-ON-THE-WIND