*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850438-ALWAYS-HALF-DONE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#850438 added May 28, 2015 at 10:16am
Restrictions: None
ALWAYS HALF DONE
Blog City Prompt: "A person who has not done one half a day's work by ten o'clock runs a chance of leaving the other half undone." Emily Bronte Do you agree?


Maybe in Emily Bronte’s world, but let’s talk about this...

My usual wake-up time is four AM. I drink a bottle of clean water and if I have an Internet signal I check the news to make sure the world is still out there, and look at the weather for the Caribbean. Then I check WDC for new blog prompts and any email that’s come in.

Moving on, it’s write a review or go through one I’ve received for Knights of Sparrow. And at the moment there are SIX, yes six) reviewers each sending me a review for another chapter. They see missing quotes, commas and typos that I don’t see. They have questions about logic or phrasing, or just dumb sentences. They get a reply for the review. Then I correct and re-edit the chapter for the master file, make a coded version to post into my portfolio, and post that, which will then be updated on the WYRM review board. Somewhere in there a new blog post gets written. Some are easy, some take a lot of thought. Blogging is an our-of-my-box release from novel writing and I am learning to love it. (Like now, it’s eight AM, and I’m writing this blog.)

This entire lovely scheme blows apart with visitors, emergency at the Marina, Internet not working, or someone’s computer breaks down or blows up. New sailboats arriving sometimes need help docking.

So that usually gets me to about nine AM and some coffee and breakfast. After that short break, I’m back with more review re-edits or really moving on to work on new chapters of Knights of Sparrow---research, planning, maps, outlines---Once I know basically everything about the scene, I can write it. That process takes me into fantasy land of my book and I’m gone. The writing can take one hour or the rest of the day until about four PM. If there is lunch, then there is a nap for about thirty minutes. Sometimes I dream a better solution to the scene.

See, being retired, I can work as a writer as long as I want. No matter how long I work, I still feel that the other half is undone---especially writing. To get away from it, there is a long walk during the sunset hour with friends. We catch up on all the day’s events and gossip. The trade winds are blowing, the skies are beautiful. With darkness check the moon, check Venus. Dinner is finished by seven PM, which means check the news and read someone else’s writing. Boring stories put me to sleep. Perchance to dream...

Peace and Love...>>>iggy *Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** Blog City image small


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/850438-ALWAYS-HALF-DONE