*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851345-OH-THOSE-WOMEN
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#851345 added June 10, 2015 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
OH THOSE WOMEN!
Blog City image small

Prompt: Well behaved women seldom make history. Do you agree?


No, I don’t agree. Now if you said make scandalous history, yes, I’d agree.
We have a lot of powerful women in government who manage to keep their personal behavior almost secret, but their public-political history is filled with untruths and secret arrangements that have deadly effect on hundreds if not thousands of persons.

There have been well behaved women writers, poets, wives of politicians who left their mark on history. We have to really define ‘well behaved’ to have that idea understood.

How about a prostitute who had a heart of gold, and through her spying and passing of information, saved thousands of lives? There are contradictions and amazing people in awkward situations who come through in the end. They make great characters in stories and novels.          

Our media culture puts enormous emphasis on scandalous women, and always have. The number of photos of women in low-cut dresses or less is beyond count, and that is new every day. Have you ever looked at the Daily Mail? And there are certain proper-appearing women who hide behind that image while fiddling to delete their thousands of secret emails. Ha!

It’s a scandalous world...>>>iggy *Boat* banner with iguana
** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **



© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851345-OH-THOSE-WOMEN