*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851501-TALK-ABOUT-WRITING
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#851501 added June 12, 2015 at 5:55pm
Restrictions: None
TALK ABOUT WRITING?
Blog City image small

Throughout Hemingway's career as a writer he believe that it was bad luck to talk about writing----- that it takes off "whatever butterflies have on their wings and the arrangement of hawks feathers if you show or talk about it." Do you agree or disagree?
Do you personally have any superstitions about your writing craft?


I trust my dreams. Many solutions about story-plot come from dreams.

I’m uncomfortable when people ask, “What is your book about?” How do you explain a complex novel plot that really needs to be read to be understood?
If you try to explain, their eyes cloud over and they never hear the whole idea.

I don’t mind talking about writing in general terms. I have learned that most people have no idea about the kind of patience, perserverance required to actually write and finish a novel. Writers are a particular breed that get along great together. I used to belong to the Wyoming Writers Association, and their annual conference-get together was great. I joined them again on FaceBook.

Write on...>>>iggy
*Boat2*

banner with iguana The WYRM group banner.


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851501-TALK-ABOUT-WRITING