*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851833-Half-Full-Half-Empty-OR-Whats-in-the-Glass
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #1976943
Writings about death, relationships, feelings, and time
#851833 added June 17, 2015 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Half Full, Half Empty OR What's in the Glass?
I almost read the ENTIRE meeting agenda last night! I was excited about that. Now, if my sight would only stabilize! Dr. Gancayco says that the bleeding and leakage in the left eye has stopped (it is my worst eye), and the sight has improved. The right eye is still leaking some, but my sight has improved in it as well. Long and short of the story -- there has been some improvement in my sight, but I still must go in for the injections in both eyes to maintain the ground that I have gained.

Not sure how many people out there are experiencing or have experienced AMD, but take it from me it is not a disease for wimps! It is the worse roller coaster ride in the world. One day you are seeing clearly and the next day you are wondering if and when you will go blind. Then you start treatment, knowing that there is no guarantees or cure, but you are hopeful. Two or three years later you find that there is some improvement in your sight. It feels like a miracle. A reason to celebrate. A time to be extremely grateful.

That is me this morning. I am eternally grateful that I am still able to see, to read, to drive, and to take care of myself. What a blessing to be alive with all of the problems, concerns, and conditions that are going on in my life. Yes, I could complain. Yes, I could feel sorry for myself Instead, I feel incredibly blessed. I have a reasonable portion of health, and woke up with a sense of wellness.

We can choose to see the glass half empty or half full or we can choose to not see the glass at all and just focus on what is in it. They are all choices. I chose to see all three. By doing so, I get to make much better choices about me, my life, and my circumstances. Based on that view, I choose to be hopeful and optimistic, but not blinded by my hope and optimism. I get to see things from all three perspectives and select the one that is best for me for the moment.
That's right, I get to mourn and mope around because the glass is half empty, while savoring the taste as I finish it off. I also get to rejoice in the fact that the glass is half full while pondering what is necessary to fill it back up, and anticipate the challenge. But best of all, I get to inspect what is inside the glass and determining what I can do with what is in there. How much more exciting can that be.

My friend Ida decorates hats. She gets a completely beautiful hat and adds her own touches to it AFTER having a picture in her mind that would take the hat to another level. Her creations are simply divine, and the end result usually makes it one of a kind, and desired by many. Such are the choices that we get to make every day. We can take the ordinary and turn it into something wonderful and grand. It only takes time, and time is what we all get each day that grace and mercy wakes us up.

We are the masters of our own fates -- it is called choices. These choices are not just going to affect our lives today, but also our future tomorrows, and therein lies our fate!

Peace and blessings always on your journey!

© Copyright 2015 G. B. Williams (UN: mgmiles01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
G. B. Williams has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/851833-Half-Full-Half-Empty-OR-Whats-in-the-Glass