*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852112-Have-Faith--Happy-Fathers-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#852112 added June 21, 2015 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
Have Faith. Happy Father's Day
A while back, pollsters took a survey to determine the number 1 thing that parents did that the kids disliked the most. The no. 1 answer was when mommy and daddy take a nap. I know. Who would not appreciate a good nap? Right? The pollsters surmised that kids wanted attention so much that they were willing to do whatever it would take to have Mommy and Daddy not take a nap and spend more time with them.


I think of that and I think that could be used for the good or for the bad. For the good, it could be argued that doing whatever it takes is what is needed to accomplish any certain thing worth having. To the adverse, it can be argued that one never grows up if they always have to have mommy and daddy there to get them out of a jam.


This observation was lovingly stolen from Father Anthony Criscitelli. He would be proud that I was paying attention.


He managed to tie that in to the story of Jesus calming the storm and the story of Job. I know. How? The answer is: GROW UP. God will always be there with you through whatever trials you face. He will not let you remain an infant in your faith. If you are going to run away and growl at him when the going gets tough, you are still a child in your faith. GROW UP. HE IS THERE WITH YOU. Through everything.





Shout out to all the fathers and father figures out there. Happy Father's Day. Special thanks to deployed military fathers who have to sit this one out because they chose to honor their duty and protect your freedom.


© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852112-Have-Faith--Happy-Fathers-Day