*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852176-PHONE-CALLS-CAN-CHANGE-YOUR-LIFE
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#852176 added June 22, 2015 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
PHONE CALLS CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Blog City image small

Alternate prompt: Did you ever get a phone call that changed your life?


Oh yes. Rosemany called me. back in about 1973. She was a coordinator for film productions in Hollywood. She said, “How would you like to to go Iran?” They were putting together a crew of British and American actors and crew to do a co-production with Iran and India, to be filmed in Iran.

I took the job as a make-up person for actor Ross Martin and young Ricky Segeal. The crew was topnotch with the techbus coming from England. Panavision camera and a Director of Photography who was old-time MGM and great.

We were six months out in the desert, that’s the real desert. We had horses, camels goats, a huge Iranian crew, Scenes with the army and caravans. It was a fabulous and difficult time. I got disentary and was sick. Later, before it was over, I was production manager with all the money and all that responsibility. Talk about learning experience.

A year later I was invited back to teach at the National Theater and stayed until the breakout of the revolution at the end of 1978.

So that one phone call really did change my life. And I’ve been back several times since, after about thirty years, to see old friends. (They are a lot older now!)

My book, Apex Project is partially set in Iran. Just published (Amazon, Kindle, iTunes, Lulu.com.)

You never know when a phone rings...>>>iggy
*Boat*

** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable ** banner with iguana


© Copyright 2015 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852176-PHONE-CALLS-CAN-CHANGE-YOUR-LIFE