*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852536-U30BC-I-Hear-Cleveland
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2032569
Maxed out on previous blog. As long as I am learning, my newbie is still showing
#852536 added June 26, 2015 at 11:54pm
Restrictions: None
U30BC: I Hear Cleveland
What is your favorite mis-heard or misunderstood song lyric? When you hear it now when you're with your friends do you purposefully sing it the wrong way just for the fun of it?





My favorite misheard is and will always be Huey Lewis and the News The Heart of Rock and Roll.





This is how the first conversation went:


Adam: Do you know what that line is?


Me: Yes.


Adam: (After waiting patiently for 30 seconds) Well what is it?


Me: The heart of rock and roll is in Cleveland.





The next day he made a point of telling me the heart of rock and roll is still beating. I gave him the "you didn't really believe that, did you?" look to save face. Yet, I still sing the wrong way when I hear it because I like it better.





I still don't know the opening line of the Raspberries song "Go All the Way." Sometimes I think it's "I'm on ya" other times it thinks it gibberish, other times i wish the band would have just said what it was.
© Copyright 2015 Cheri Annemos (UN: cheri55422 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cheri Annemos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852536-U30BC-I-Hear-Cleveland