*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852740-Its-Our-Turn-To-Keep-An-Eye-On-Him
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #1241026
Thoughts on things from the news, TV, radio, and daily life that hit home with me.
#852740 added June 28, 2015 at 8:54pm
Restrictions: None
It's Our Turn To Keep An Eye On Him
         A couple weeks ago, I got a call saying that my eye exam, scheduled for later that week, had to be cancelled, and that they wouild call me back as soon as it couild be rescheduled. When I told the lady that my opthalmologist and I were high school classmates, and that we are both on the reunion committee for our class, she offered a little more detail. Howard had had a stroke, but he was recovering.

         After finishing that call, I quickly called another member of our reunion committee, Karla, to break the news to her. She told me that she had found out from another friend of ours just a short time earlier, and that's when she hit me with the "big one". Howard was recovering, yes, but so far the only thing he can see are shadows. His eyes were his livelihood. I pray each day that his sight will return, though I wouldn't blame him if he decides to retire, considering we have to be within a year of each other agewise since we were in the same class, and I'm 67 right now. But if he wants to use his job as something to shoot for in terms of recovery, I'm certainly not going to discourage him; having a goal can definitely speed recovery. It's a good thing we've decided to contact the class members and do the registration for our 50-year reunion next year online. Most of it will take care of itself. We just need to decide which other committee member is going to complete the negotiations for our chosen venue.

         The biggest thing I hope for now, second only to his recovery, is that he recovers well enough to attend the reunion next fall himself. Get will soon, Howard! We're pulling for you!

© Copyright 2015 Incurable Romantic (UN: jwilliamson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Incurable Romantic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852740-Its-Our-Turn-To-Keep-An-Eye-On-Him