*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852891-Okay-its-been-a-while
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#852891 added June 30, 2015 at 3:12pm
Restrictions: None
Okay, it's been a while
Okay, I'll be honest, it's been a while since I visited. I started at the beginning of the year with all good intentions to blog on a more consistent basis, but sadly, real life interfered and that fell by the wayside.

So what changed? Well, I've been judging the
FORUM
The Bard's Hall Contest  (13+)
APRIL: Flash Fiction, 500 word limit.
#981150 by StephBee - House Targaryen
this week and I've seen some GREAT blogs. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with the different bloggers and getting their thoughts from writing to every day things to one blogger's roadtrip!

I'm inspired. *Bigsmile* Mind you it doesn't take much to get inspired, but what it does take is finding time to follow through on the inspiration.

My challenges involve having a full time job and 2 boys ages 8 and 13 with schedules all their own. Then there's marketing my books. And reading! I used to be a write-a-holic and now it's a struggle for me to find time to write a haiku. Extra times goes to commitments like writing my Romance/Love NL and judging my contests. Sigh....

So what I am going to do about it?
Attempt to manage my time better. *Wink* Cross my fingers.

Reading
I'm reading a children's book called "Astro's Adventures and the Haunted Circus." I got it for 99 cent on a book swap day for 99 cent back in May. It's okay. It's self published and my experiences with self published books are not good because most of the ones I've been exposed to lack grammar/editing and have numerous spelling/punctuation mistakes. There's character development - and most don't have good character development. This one has minimal issues, but it's not very engaging to me as a reader.

Movies
The last movie I saw was Jurassic World. I enjoyed it as did my boys. I rented Jurassic Park and Lost World for the boys so we could catch up on the Jurassic myth. The movies are enjoyable. 4.5 stars from me.

I want to see the terminator movie and Ant-man. I'd like to see the one about Brian Wilson. I saw "Spy" with Melissa McCarthy and totally LOVED it. That movie was hilarious! 5 Stars from me.

From the Headlines:

#1 Evangline Lily is expecting!
Good for her! She's absolutely glowing.

#2Sugary drink may cause 184K deaths a year.
Not a shocker here. The responsible thing to do is to watch your sugar intake. I'm a big fan of the paleo diet but I haven't to get better at it.

#3 Here are the top 3 WORST companies to work for:
Express Scripts, Dillards, Kmart

I've only heard of Kmart, but I usually don't go there to shop. I usually go to Target, then Walmart. They're closer to me. I prefer Target.

#4 Top Gun 2 is on the way!
Featuring Tom Cruise's character. Are we ready for Top Gun 2?

Inspiration comes in everyday things.

Have a good one! *Smile*

© Copyright 2015 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/852891-Okay-its-been-a-while